The Dental Council has now considered all the submission comments received on its proposed Standards Framework for Oral Health Practitioners.
Following Council’s consideration of the submissions it has further refined the draft Standards Framework. The next steps in further development of the Standards Framework include:
- A key stakeholder discussion forum to discuss the comments received during the first consultation and the proposed changes to the Standards Framework (13 February 2015).
- The follow-up consultation will be issued to all stakeholders around March 2015.
- Targeted discussion forums – March/April 2015.
Parallel to the follow-up consultation, targeted discussion forums will be held at four centres: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. The discussion forums will allow practitioners and other stakeholders to engage with Council representatives on the proposed framework and the additional proposed changes, to inform their consultation submissions.
- Submission feedback on the follow-up consultation will be considered in May 2015.
Depending on the outcome of the consultation, the final Standards Framework could be adopted or another consultation processes required if further substantial changes are required.
- Dental Council Roadshow – 2015/16.
After adoption of the final Standards Framework, a Dental Council Roadshow will be held in nine centres across New Zealand, to promote awareness to practitioners of the new Standards Framework for Oral Health Practitioners and to discuss other Council initiatives.
Video conferencing or webinar facilities will be explored for the discussion forums and roadshow to extend access to stakeholders outside of these allocated centres.
As always, the Council invites all stakeholders to actively engage in this process.