Annual practising certificates 2018/19– dental therapists, dental hygienists, oral health therapists, orthodontic auxiliaries, dental technicians and clinical dental technicians
Annual practising certificates (APCs) for dental therapists, dental hygienists, oral health therapists, orthodontic auxiliaries, dental technicians and clinical dental technicians expire on 31 March 2018.
The APC and retention application forms will be posted early next week. However, if you don’t receive the printed form, or you simply want to complete your renewal sooner, please download the correct form at the links below.
2018/19 APC form
2018/19 retention form
Please be aware that the end of the APC cycle coincides with the Easter holiday period this year.
This means there are no postal services on Friday 30 March 2018. To allow you to practise from 1 April 2018 and to avoid incurring the additional processing fee, you will need to take extra care to ensure applications sent by post are received by the Dental Council before 31 March 2018.
Some helpful tips for your renewal process:
- Your form will be posted to the mailing address that we have on file for you. If you are unsure which address we have, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your employer is providing payment, please be aware that we are unable to process your application until payment has been received.
- Please liaise with your employer to ensure that payment is received before 31 March 2018.
Certificates of good standing
- If you have practised overseas since you were last issued with an APC, please provide an original certificate of good standing (COGS) from each jurisdiction in which you have practised since your last APC.
- The COGS must not be more than three months old, and must be forwarded directly to our office.
- We cannot process your APC application until all the COGS have been received.
Certificate of resuscitation and emergency care
- If your current emergency care training certificate has expired, you will need to include confirmation of your enrolment in a course from the course provider.
- Refer to the APC guidance notes for details on the emergency care requirements.
- Allow enough time for delivery of your form to us before the expiry date on 31 March 2018. It is highly recommended that you submit your form by 20 March 2018 to allow for delivery to us and processing time before the expiry of your current certificate.
- If you are paying by credit card, you can email your form: email@example.com or fax it to +64 4 499 1668.
Additional processing APC fee
- Remember that an additional processing APC fee of $45.90 (GST inclusive) will be charged if you are renewing your APC and we do not receive your completed and correct form and payment by 31 March 2018.
- The Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 requires every health practitioner practising in New Zealand to hold a current annual practising certificate.
- If you do not have a current APC on 1 April 2018, you must cease practise until you have a valid APC.
- The public register on the Dental Council website is updated on working days – you can check your APC status online at www.dcnz.org.nz.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact us at (04) 499 4820, or email firstname.lastname@example.org