The Dental Council’s online services are available to oral health practitioners who are, or wish to be registered in New Zealand.
How do I access the online services?
Our online services are accessed through a practitioner portal.
All practitioners can access the practitioner portal from the Dental Council website. Click on the “LOG IN” tab from any page of the website. The “LOG IN” tab appears on the top right of the banner on each page of the website.
From the “Log in” page you can:
- access our online services by entering your log in details
- reset your password if you have forgotten it
- apply for registration (if you are registering as a practitioner in New Zealand for the first time).
How do I activate my online account?
Every practitioner registered with the Dental Council will have an online account. You are only required to activate your online account the first time you use the practitioner portal.
Practitioners seeking registration in New Zealand for the first time will also need to activate their online account before using our online services.
Guide for activating online accounts for the first time
What services are available online?
A range of online services are available for oral health practitioners who are already registered in New Zealand or who are seeking registration in New Zealand for the first time.
You can access the online services when you log in to your practitioner portal. The following guides are available to help you complete the various forms for the service you require.
For oral health practitioners already registered in New Zealand
For oral health practitioners applying for registration in New Zealand for the first time
For all users of our online services
Is there any technical requirements I should know about?
You can use the practitioner portal with the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
Please ensure your web browser is up to date and that you are using the latest available version.
The online services may not run using other web browsers.
The practitioner portal will time out after 10 minutes of inactivity. This means that if you are logged in to your online account and have not been active for a period of 10 minutes, you will be logged out automatically.
Users are responsible to ensure their personal data remains secure when using our online services and following best practice. For example:
- your email address is also your user name, so you should ensure it is an email address that is unique and cannot be used or accessed by others
- instead of simply closing the web browser window when finished, you should always log out first
- logging out is particularly important if others can access your device
- you can log out using the drop down menu or the “Log out” tab in the header section of the dashboard
- never leave a computer unattended if you are logged in to the practitioner portal
- do not save your log in and password details in your browser or keep a record of it on the device you use to access the online services (unless the file or application where you store your log in and password details is encrypted or password protected with details only you know)
- do not share your password with anybody, even Dental Council staff (we will never ask for your password).
You should always choose strong passwords. To log in to the practitioner portal, you will need a password that contains at least 8 characters including:
- an uppercase letter
- a lowercase letter
- a number.
If you have any queries or difficulties accessing our online services, please contact us.