The Council has established a Māori Advisory Committee to provide independent advice to the Council and its operations to give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, support the development of cultural safety standards for practitioners, and improve health equity outcomes. We are very grateful to have a highly experienced group supporting our work, who met formally for the first time in August 2022. The members of the Māori Advisory Committee are:
- Roxanne Waru (Chair) – independent member
- Hilda Halkyard-Harawira – independent member
- Raaniera Te Whata – independent member
- Justin Wall – oral health practitioner
- Andrew Cautley (ex-officio) – oral health practitioner.